Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday, December 20, 2010

I woke up this morning sick again. BOOO!!!! I felt much worse today than I did last week when I was sick. I don't know if I got this double whammy because of being around the kiddos at school so much these last few weeks or from my body adjusting to lots of water and no fast food or from germs hiding in my otherwise germ-free home. However it came to be, BOO! I hate not feeling good. It makes getting through the day that much harder.

(Side note: weigh-in was yesterday. I maintained my weight. On Friday I was up .6 lbs but yesterday I was right back at 322.4... so I'm disappointed that the scale didn't go DOWN, especially with all the water I've been drinking and calories I'm not eating. But I'm also sick and on my period and according to my nutritionist, that makes a difference. Therefore, next week better be another BIG number... like 7-10 lbs or so!)

So I woke up and drank 16 ounces of water. Had a hard time swallowing it with that frog consuming the majority of my throat! I slugglishly walked myself out to the couch where I plopped my large booty for the remainder of the day. Around 9:30, I mustered up the strength to get up and make breakfast. We had mini cinnamon bagels (100 calories each) with a little "I can't believe it's not butter" spray (0 calories) and nutella. Mini-me loved his... mine had absolutely zero flavor for me. In fact, I almost threw it back up. Ick!

Followed that with more water. 33.8 ounces to be exact. Then I made some tea... thinking that would feel good on my throat. Wrong! It burned. But there was another 16 ounces. Then I got about half way through another 33.8 ounce water bottle when shorty was "starving" and wanted lunch. I must have known today was gonna be "one of those days" because yesterday, I prepared a casserole and put in the fridge for one day this week. So I popped that in the oven for a half hour and vuah-lah! Lunch! It was whole wheat pasta, organic tomato sauce, fresh garlic and basil, fat free ricotta cheese and a little mozzarella cheese on top!

Then I went back to sleep on the couch. By that time my head was throbbing so bad I was in tears. Shorty took a movie in my room and watched it on his bed... which is in my room temporarily. (He's at that "nightmare" phase.) He ended up falling asleep watching the movie so I came in and laid on my bed and fell asleep, too! Not before drinking another 20 ounces of water, of course!

So dishes are piled high in my sink. There's a garbage can full of used tissues. There's laundry to be done, groceries to be bought and now my m-power electricity machine is beeping at me that I need to purchase more electricity tomorrow. Now I have to get better since I have so much to do tomorrow.

Wednesday night I have a big meeting with a super awesome charity I'm a part of. I'm so excited. They asked me to join them to help fundraise because, well, I'm awesome at it. I really enjoy charity work! So we are going to talk about a couple functions I'm planning and see if there's a way for my mom to get involved. This particular organization deals with people affected by cancer and my mom is a 1-year breast cancer survivor. This organization really helped her through her battle so she wants to give back!

Anyway, I hear the pillow calling my name again. Oh and nose is dripping again. Gotta go blow it! But I'll leave you with this: this week of our Lord Jesus' birth, take time to remember what is truly important in life. Count your blessings and remember that each and every one of them comes from the very Maker of our world. Thank you, God, for the blessing of your son!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sorry to hear you're not feeling well again, sweetie. I'll send some positive thoughts your way so you feel better soon!!!

    Don't worry about the weight maintenance. You lost such a huge number last week, that maintaining this week is probably normal. And being sick and that time of the month definitely has something to do with it. So expect a good number next week and keep following your routine.

    Can't wait to hear what the nutritionist says when you go later! :)

    Feel better, my dear!