Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday, December 10, 2010

Today has gone by really fast. Not quite sure why. We woke up on time today but someone was "sooooo tired" and wanted to "stay in bed all day long"! Like the tired Momma I was, I agreed. I mean, who wouldn't wanna stay in bed all day? Only... he got out of bed about 20 minutes later and has been bouncing off the walls ever since. Go figure!

Anyway, we've been able to get a lot of our Christmas crafts done today. I figured since we don't have extra money this year, we're gonna make presents for our friends and family. So we've been working hard since the middle of November to make all these gifts. Coasters, ornaments, wreaths, hand-made Christmas cards, etc.

Then there's the treats. I, hand-to-God, have not had a single one of the treats I've made... yet. I don't want to deprive myself but I haven't yet had that indulgent urge just yet. We have a cookie exchange Sunday night so I'm sure I'll have a cookie then.. but I'll plan for it and budget the calories.

My Food Today:


Breakfast- Thanks to Vegan Chick Pea, I woke up craving grilled cheese. I asked mini-me what he wanted for breakfast and he, surprisingly, said "grilled cheese please!" so that was it. Grilled cheese for us both! (400 calories)

Lunch- PB&J on whole grain bread and an apple. Oh, and I did have 1 hershey's kiss. (approx 400 calories)

Snack- 2 light string cheeses (120 calories), 4 triscuts (40 calories) and 10 ounces of broth (10 calories) = 170 calories

Dinner- Yet to be determined. My parents are taking my son to dinner at Peter Piper Pizza since I have to take a test but they invited me to join them when I'm done. Normally I would go, eat a personal cheese pizza and 1 - 2 orders of breadsticks (sooooo yummy! but 119 calories PER STICK!!!). But I'm at the beginning of a challenge so that's not gonna happen. I might just resist the temptation all together by not going over there when I'm done. Just have them bring my son home when they're done. Then I can eat a PB&J or veggie burger and broccoli without the smelly temptation of greasy pizza and breadsticks.

However, if I happen to go there, I won't have more than just the personal pizza (roughly 450 calories) and skip the breadsticks. I can always have some broccoli when I get home.

Anyway, that's my day thus far. Me and the short man took the garbage out and went for a walk together. We're probably gonna do a workout DVD that was sent to us by Vegan Chick Pea earlier this year. We've had a lot of fun with it and I think that's just the thing we need today!

Any exciting plans for the weekend? How about those of you on Allan's challenge... what are your plans to stay on the challenge during the weekend????

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks for the shout outs! Makes me feel special. :)

    Your eating for today was good! Try to get a bit more protein, but overall, *high five!* And I'm glad Mini-Me liked the grilled cheese!!

    Homemade stuff is ALWAYS fun! I wish I could join you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete